It’s holiday season on Chicago’s North Shore, and though this year is different than past years, there are still many ways you can enjoy festive, fun holiday happenings in the area. As your North Shore real estate agent, I am here to offer you some suggestions on North Shore holiday events, and also ways for you to support local businesses during this important time of year!
1. Let It Shine Drive Thru Light Show is taking place at Northbrook Court this season! Stay in your warm, cozy car and slowly drive through light displays synchronized to holiday music. Online tickets purchased ahead of time are required for entry. You can then take advantage of exclusive deals at select Northbrook Court retailers with proof of ticket. It’s open through Jan. 9!
2. Chicago Botanic Garden’s Lightscape is back this year as a holiday light display to enjoy on foot! This runs through Jan. 3 in Glencoe. Their all-new trail is designed with safety in mind, but is still loaded with lights, colors and sounds. Purchase tickets ahead of time, this event did sell out last year!
3. A Winter Art and Crafts Expo is running now through Dec. 20 at Evanston Art Center. Shop among over 140 artisans who feature jewelry, ceramics, metal, glass, paintings, photography and more. This is free and open to the public, with safety protocols in place. Find some great, unique holiday gift items!
4. Kohlights is a kid-focused holiday light display taking place at Kohl Children’s Museum in Glenview. Through Jan. 3, kids can enjoy this new outdoor activity, where they can use glow sticks as wands and control and change the lights. Buy tickets in advance.
5. A Candy Cane Hunt will take place in Oakton Park on Dec. 12 at 10 a.m. in Skokie. Santa will deliver a whole sleigh of candy canes and kids can hunt for them! The hunts will take place by age groups, 3 and under, 4-6, and 7-10. There will be a candy cane craft project kids can take home. Sign up in advance!
When doing your holiday shopping this year, be sure to shop local retailers. From electronics to clothing to home décor to candy, there is something for everyone. Check out this list of local retailers on Chicago’s North Shore. If you’re not comfortable going into shops, check out their websites, as many of them have an online presence now. In fact, a bunch of retailers in Highland Park joined together to make an online marketplace where you can shop them all!
Believe it or not, there are still plenty of outdoor dining options on Chicago’s North Shore as we head into winter. Restaurants have gone all out to make their outdoor spaces cozy with outdoor heaters, heated patios, tents, and event private igloos and greenhouses.
Enjoy your holiday season on Chicago’s North Shore! When ready to buy and/or sell in the North Shore real estate market, as your North Shore real estate agent, I am here to help. The market is still hot, even as we head into the holidays, so it’s still a great time to achieve your real estate goals in Glencoe, Winnetka, Highland Park, Deerfield, Northbrook, Lake Forest, Wilmette, Evanston, Glenview, Riverwoods, Bannockburn, or other North Shore communities I am here to help, give me a call!