Get outdoors more this winter on Chicago’s North Shore! The weather is always unpredictable this time of year, but if you have a resolution to spend more time outdoors, to get fit, or to spend time as a family outside of the house, the North Shore has a plethora of trails for you to enjoy. As your North Shore real estate agent, I suggest you bundle up and head outdoors for some fresh air!
Here are some ideas to help you plan:
1. The Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe is open year-round and has great self-guided walks through the 100-acre woods! Learn about winter flora and fauna as you go, as well as about endangered species and habitat restoration. You can warm up by the fire at the shelter before or after.
2. The Green Bay Trail is an 8.9-mile trail that runs along the Metra line. It passes through Glencoe and Winnetka and runs within a mile of Lake Michigan, so you can enjoy beachfront views along the way. There are numerous restaurants, shops and parks you can stop at if you wish.
3. The Grove in Glenview is a National Historic Landmark. Walk through mature oak trees and past wetland pools. You may see deer and birds along the way, which are easy to spot this time of year. Download “the Grove Glenview” app to join the Fairy Quest to find fairies and their homes!
4. The Skokie North Shore Sculpture Park is a relaxing place to walk and admire art along the way. A two-mile strip displays more than 60 sculptures by both local and international artists. You can also view the Chicago River from here, along with herons, cranes and more. Take a self-guided tour!
5. Techny Prairie Park and Fields in Northbrook has something for everyone, so it’s a great place for families to go. Walk around a pond or on educational and recreational trails, or walk/jog the 5k race course. There is also a lighted sledding hill, a large skate park, and the Trail Through Time.
6. You’ve got options at the Forest Preserves of Cook County, which includes 70,000 acres! Explore the three walking paths at River Trail Nature Center, or head out on the unpaved, 28.4-mile Des Plaines Trail System, which winds through numerous forest preserves and towns.
Enjoy getting out and exploring nature this time of year on Chicago’s North Shore! When ready to achieve your real estate goals in Glencoe, Winnetka, Highland Park, Deerfield, Northbrook, Lake Forest, Wilmette, Evanston, Glenview, Riverwoods, Bannockburn, or other North Shore communities, contact me. As your North Shore real estate agent, I am here to answer any questions you may have, and to guide you through the entire home-selling and/or home-buying process. Now is a great time to achieve your goals, no need to wait until spring! I look forward to working with you.